Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Skillet Charred Fish Tacos

Lucky for me, I planned this recipe the same week as the soy shrimp and got to re-use the green pepper sauce. This pleased me because I'll probably never use the sauce again and I hate to throw things out.

I love fish tacos. There's a place called Black Walnut Cafe by the mall that has great fish tacos. They also have good wine. So, we (my sisters and I because who else?) like to eat lunch there and drink wine (lots of wine) and go shopping on Tuesdays. I find that fish tacos are kind of like the perfect meal. They fill you up without the bloat, yet still have juuuust enough carbs to soak up any excess alcohol to keep you from fucking up your life by staggering around and knocking down displays in Lush. *pause* Moving on...

So I, again, did not account for how much a pound and a half of fish was, so I actually got smart and only cooked half (3 fillets in my case). I froze the other 3 for a quick dinner in the future. This recipe was pretty quick as well. Most of the time is spent prepping the toppings, and that really takes no time at all. Even the spicy mayo she has you whip up is delightful. Doesn't taste or smell like mayo so that was a huge win.

Nothing matches. *shrug*

Now, the green sauce was perfect on these tacos. I was harshly reminded that a little bit goes a long way, but I wasn't scarred for life or anything. I ate two of these and had to convince myself that this was enough. That was 3 hours ago and I'm still on the edge about that. If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to pull everything out of my glorious fridge, I'd probably be making another one instead of blogging. Anyway, this recipe gets a check mark in the "yaaaaas" column. 

No comments:

Post a Comment