Monday, August 22, 2016

Chipotle-Honey Chicken with Mango-Avocado Salsa

First, I would like to start out by saying sorry to my sister Suzy for making this without her. I needed simple and low carb and this was my winner.

The bulk of the work here is the marinade. After that's done you pop it in the oven and make the salsa and that takes all of about 5 minutes. (It took me longer because Andrew demanded food in the middle. I also found out that, like Calvin, avocado is not to his liking). This came out beautifully.

I omitted the onion from the salsa because I can't stand raw onion.

Now. I try really hard not to be a snob, but I have come the the conclusion that I just don't like cooking or eating chicken with bones. It's hard for me to tell if it's done and the amount of tough spots I bite into gross me out. There's just nothing like going in for a bite and getting a big mouthful of tough ligament. *gag* That being said, the only change I would make here would be that I would switch to boneless skinless chicken. The sauce is so amazing that Collin even commented on it. It is a bit spicy, so Calvin drank a lot of milk with this dinner, but that's not a complaint - that just sounds like his problem. The guys also didn't touch the mango salsa, which I figured, so that will either be consumed solely by me or eventually thrown away. It complimented the chicken very nicely though. 

Suzy, to answer your question, yes we can make this when you come into town. :)



1 comment: