Sunday, August 14, 2016

Cheesy Armadillo Garlic Bread

So I hosted a cheese night last night. Basically, everyone brings all the cheese and the cheesy snacks/things you can and we drink wine and eat. There was an appearance of Likewise, which I've talked about before, and I'd say the night was a success. A delicious, cheesy success.

Since I've had no real posts lately, I dug through the book and looked for recipes with the word "cheese" in the title. Once I found this I pretty much knew it was the winner. It sounded amazing (even though it has mayo in it - gag) so I figured I'd give it a go.

This is easy to put together - there's not much to it - but damn if it wasn't harder than you would think to spread the cheese mixture down in the crevices of bread. At first I thought I would be fancy and use a spoon...then that spoon turned into merely an aid until I ditched it all together and shoved the cheesy goodness in with my hands. There really is no other way. If you know of one, I'm all ears.

I took a "before" pic even though it doesn't look like anything resembling bread.

Once this was done and I took it out of the oven, I could barely get a picture in before Collin's greedy little hands were all over it. Ask my sister - threats were made. 

*drool*

I went in for a bite and noticed one thing first hand. The pieces were not as easy to pull off as you would think. They kind of break off and you have to manhandle the bread to get a good hunk. I'm not sure if this can be fixed by cutting in a little deeper or if this is just how it's going to be. Either way, I don't care. Once the first bite was in my mouth nothing else mattered. I thought the fact that there was mayo in it was going to deter me from more than the obligatory taste, but this was not the case. This was Ah-Mazing and Collin asked me several times throughout the night (and this morning) to make it again. 

No problems there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment