Friday, July 1, 2016

Pad Grapow Chicken (Basil Chicken)

Am I the only one who reads this as Pad Gra-POW chicken? No clue how it is really pronounced but that's how it sounds in my head.

I came home from work today feeling very overwhelmed and the last thing I wanted to do was cook an extravagant meal, but the chicken was already thawed and I had to use it. So, I got together the ingredients and tromped my way over to my basil plant and stripped it of pretty much every basil leaf it had in order to get the amount needed for this recipe. It's been looking pretty sad lately, so maybe now it will do better.

I got to cooking at 5:06 pm and my butt was sitting in a chair, eating, at 5:33 pm. This is my idea of a great weeknight meal. The flavor was awesome, this is filling, but not too heavy and the whole thing was done before Andrew could even think about getting fussy. Calvin ate this in record time and for the first time in a while, dinner went quickly and smoothly. Oh, and cleanup? What cleanup?? Like, 2 pans and a tablespoon. I'll be keeping this one around and will probably make it so much that Collin starts to group it with spaghetti. My only "issue" is the lack of vegetables, but that's what your imagination is for.

I tried to recreate the picture from the book. Yeah. Didn't work. 

So Collin saw me struggling to get a good picture and I was complaining about the shitty light, so he ran to the garage to get a flashlight to hold while I took a picture. I did not use those photos because the light the flashlight gave off made this dish look a little too "sexy". Anyway, that's real love right there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment