Saturday, July 16, 2016

Super Tuna Melts

I've been doing pretty good lately about working out and eating right-ish, so I tossed this bad boy on the menu for lunch today as a little treat for losing a few pounds. I worked out this morning to even the score and by the time I was out of the shower I was starving and craving cheesy tuna.

This calls for mayonnaise which, as stated before, I despise. I tried not to think about it as I was mixing the ingredients together and by the time these were in the pan, I hadn't gagged once and that is a very good sign. This also called for sweet relish, which I also hate. I think a pickle - or anything pickle related - should be dill or sour. I can't handle sweet or bread and butter pickles so I tried to find the smallest, least expensive container of it at the store. Unfortunately, that's not really a thing so I went with the least expensive. I think her deviled eggs also call for sweet relish so at least I know I'll use it one more time.

Anyway, This makes a lot of tuna mixture and, though she says to divide it between 2 sandwiches, I opted to stick a little bit in a tupperware for later. I have to be able to put my mouth around the damn thing and I just showered so I also didn't want leftovers falling on my boobs. Not that I'm ok with boob leftovers if I haven't showered...except that I kind of am.

A little background here. I am not the world's best grilled cheese maker. I get very impatient and usually burn the toast. I try to scrape it off before I give it to Collin, but he always notices and makes fun of me anyway. Needless to say, he's the grilled cheese maker in this house. I did manage to make a pretty good one once for my brother though. I used incredibly low heat and it took about 20 minutes but it didn't burn and that's what really counts. True to grilled cheese form, she tortures you by telling you to use low heat. I did this. And I danced around my kitchen because I was freaking starving and I don't know if you have ever heard the phrase "a watched pot never boils" but I think it should be "watched cheese never melts". I will admit, I took them off the heat a bit early because I couldn't take it anymore and this is what I got:

The picture in the book looks way better. Obvs.

Even with my half ass toasting, this was freaking amazing. It didn't even register in my tuna filled brain that this has the dreaded mayo in it. I finished off my sandwich and relieved my son of one of his halves. This was so good that I don't even really care that I basically ruined my workout (though when the high wears off, I probably will). So now I'm super happy that I stuck some of this in a tupperware for later because now my husband can try it when he gets home from work. Or I'll just completely fuck up my day and eat it myself. Whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment