Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Creamy Parmesan Skillet Eggs

Today is one of the rare occasions I am working from home so, instead of my usual smoothie for breakfast I decided to check out the breakfast section and cook something from there. Lucky for me - I had all the things needed for this recipe! Yay!  When I told Collin I was making breakfast, he told me to make egg mcmuffins and I told him no. Tell me why, after he ate this delightful dish, I hear him in there microwaving a freaking egg for his mcmuffin. Men.

So this was easy and quick and in the skillet cooking in no time at all:


She tells you to use 2 cute little 6-inch skillets for this but, as darling as it looked in the book, who the hell just has 2 - 6-inch skillets lying around their kitchen? Well, I don't. So they all went into the big one that I have. This cooked in the time she said it would, but I'm not much for runny yolks so I cooked it a little longer to achieve more of an over medium egg. I don't know if this is supposed to happen or if it's because I cooked it longer but, once the eggs were removed, I found that the cheese crusted to the pan. In the book, she makes it seem like you'll be eating these out of the pan, so maybe it's supposed to do this, but for me it just looked like this:

That's after I scraped it all together with a spatula.

I'm actually kind of glad it turned out this way, because I could just pick off a few pieces and put it on my plate, instead of having to commit to the whole thing. 

I still had my fruit, so I still won.

This was delicious. I was afraid that it would just taste like a normal egg since the cheese stuck to the bottom, but it seems like the egg actually soaked up the Parmesan mixture and it tasted really good. It gave the eggs a nice kick! And I'd probably do it exactly the same way because the Parmesan "crisp" gave it a nice flavor when you wanted it, and I think it would be a little overwhelming if it was with every bite. 

Delightful.






No comments:

Post a Comment