Friday, July 29, 2016

Capon's Chrissy Burger and Onion Rings

To me, a burger is a burger. It's delicious and the toppings are fun but at the end of the day, it is just a burger. There has only been one burger in my life that I've ever actually craved and it was from a little mom and pop restaurant called Kelly's. I swear he put crack in that burger. Once the craving hit there was nothing that could satisfy it. My mom and I would go there as often as was possible without jeopardizing our wallets or waistlines. He knew us, too, and would make sure to make our fries extra crispy the way we liked them. I don't think I ever tried anything else from there either. It was always about that burger and nothing else. Sadly, he went out of business and mom and I shared a cry in the car in front of the little empty restaurant the day we found out. Sometimes we talk about hunting him down in hopes of persuading him to make it for us one last time. *sigh*

In any case, I probably would have waited until it was the last recipe left to make this if it weren't for my friend Leah. She made it on the fourth of July and raved about it:

"So proud of myself, I made my first ever burger from scratch with homemade onion rings. They were delicious!"

We chatted about it for a bit and she convinced me that this was a definite keeper. So, since I was off today and had some time to create, I stuck this baby on the menu. I added in Chrissy's jalapeno poppers, too but I'll do a separate post on those. 

I was very skeptical about this burger because it only has 4 ingredients and 2 of those are salt and pepper. Could it be that less is more?

*drool*

The answer is hell fucking yes. This was amazing. Even her sauce, which has mayo in it, was mouthwatering. I cannot believe something so simple could turn out so freaking phenomenal. And a burger! And the best part? This burger is gluten free all on it's own. (Well, minus the bun and onion rings, obvi.) I just can't believe how good this turned out. Does it rival my beloved Kelly's burger? I decline to comment. 

The onion rings were simple and tasted like regular ol' onion rings. Calvin was intrigued, "These are super good, mom. Look! There's an onion inside!" He ate them up like nobody's business. 

Calvin approved.

Needless to say, I'm stuffed and I have found excitement for a burger again. Yay!


1 comment:

  1. Holy crap those onion rings look good. And I don't even like onion rings.

    ReplyDelete