Sunday, July 31, 2016

Hawaiian Pizza Jalapeno Poppers

We are a jalapeno popper eating kind of people. These delightful boats of cream cheese are usually the first thing to go at our family gatherings, followed so closely by deviled eggs that it's actually hard to call. While I am not opposed to mixing up an old favorite, Collin was not so sure and lingered in the kitchen as I was making these, making comments about how the jalapenos should be cut, etc. I eventually shooed him off and these were assembled in no time. (Ok, it took time, but what respectable jalapeno popper doesn't?)

She asks that you put a cube of pineapple and a cherry tomato on the ends of the toothpicks, but no one in my family would eat them and they would go to waste. So. I omitted that small detail but kept everything else the same.

She also tells you to put these in the oven, which I've never done. Poppers have always been a strict barbeque item and therefore this made Collin question them yet again. I made these with her burger recipe and he was a bit put off that the grill was not needed. A little out of his element, I think. Anyway.

Little poppers

Once these were done and he had shoved some down his popper hole, he admitted defeat in that these are really good. I don't know where the "pizza" part is supposed to come in, but who cares? These are delightful and we may have just found an unconventional new "barbeque" item. 

No comments:

Post a Comment