Sunday, July 17, 2016

Dutch Baby Pancake

I always have the ingredients on hand for this recipe and I was going to make it when I first bought this book, but I didn't have a flour sifter and all my colanders have holes that are too big. I went in search of a flour sifter (ok, I went to one store) and settled on a colander with really small holes. Fast forward to a few months later and I still haven't made it. This morning I woke up starving and knew my usual fruit smoothie wasn't going to cut it so I decided to try this one out. I waited as long as I could so it would be more brunch time because I knew the calories were high and I'm hoping that making it 2 meals in one makes a difference. Of course, with 2 kiddos, waiting until brunch time really wasn't my choice...

This is a simple dump and bake kind of recipe. There aren't a lot of ingredients and you don't have to go around town looking for anything specific. You probably have all of the ingredients in your kitchen right now. You dump it all in a blender and have at it. One thing you may want to take note of: once you dump the ingredients in the blender, I wouldn't let it sit too long before blending. I put the flour and salt in first and went to go take care of something with the boys and I think it settled together a bit because once I added in the wet ingredients and hit "go" on my blender, it kind of clumped to the sides. A spatula took care of the stubborn batter and this was ready to pour into the pan in no time - no big deal.

This was fun to take out of the oven:

An aerial view

Am I the only one who thinks this resembles a certain lady part? hahaha Or has the internet ruined me?

I won't lie, I had an immature moment of laughter upon taking this out of the oven. Anyway, I cut this up and stuck it on some plates for me and the boy and we went to town. Calvin ate this up (of course, it's covered in butter and syrup and powdered sugar) and I almost went back for more before I remembered I have a baby gut to work on here. 

So. You really have no excuse not to make this because I guarantee you have everything you need for it already and it's delicious. I'd like to call for my sister Jen to make this because she's a Celiac and I'd like to see how it turns out for her. Guest post coming soon...?


1 comment: