Monday, July 11, 2016

Chinese Chicken Salad with Crispy Wonton Skins

I'm pretty into her "Salads" section of the book and had some trouble deciding on which one I would make next. This has three sections of ingredients and I wasn't really feeling it when I chose it, but the fact that it calls for shredded rotisserie chicken won me over. I absolutely love recipes that call for rotisserie chicken because it's so easy. You just grab the chicken, shred that shit and you're good to go.

It was a breeze finding everything for this (most of it I already had) but it took me a while to find the napa cabbage and I stood there in the produce section like a doof for like 5 minutes before I found it. The last time I looked for cabbage that long was when I was trying to determine which one would be the best one for my boobs. Confused by that? Google it. I won't ruin appetites on this blog. Anyway, there was no price, but I thought "How expensive could it be? It's cabbage" and stuck it in the cart. Uhm, that shit was like $5 close to $6. So be prepared for that.

That being said, I think napa cabbage will be added to my future salads. It's got the crunch of romaine, without being leafy, and I personally found it was worth the money. Who would have thought?

This baby is a chop and dump kind of salad. It took me no time at all and Calvin helped me make the dressing. The wontons were easy peasy and dinner was ready in 30.

I am forever grateful that this salad exists. I can't even believe how good this was. I went back for seconds and made it my lunch tomorrow - if it lasts that long. That's another thing. She tells you this serves 2 as a main course. I got 2 helpings for myself, Calvin ate, and I was able to pack one big lunch for Collin and one regular lunch for me out of it. So, if you're planning on not making this your main course, you might want to half it.

Good Lord. I think I might have to pack something else for lunch tomorrow because I already want more.

Look at it. Look at it in all its beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment