Sunday, July 3, 2016

Prosciutto-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Thyme Roasted Carrots

I just want to start out by saying that I had this fabulous fancy dinner planned and when dinner time rolled around, all I wanted was a freaking hot dog. I had no hot dogs in the house and I'd rather stab myself in the foot than go to the grocery store on Fourth of July weekend, so I stuck to the plan and made this. I would also like to note that, because the oven temperatures were different, I made the carrots first and reheated them later.

That being said, I was thrilled about this one because it let me use my cast iron skillet in the oven, which I've never done and been dying to do. Oh, the things adults get excited about. Another reason is because it calls for goat cheese, which I've never in my life felt the need to try or purchase. In case you didn't know, goat cheese isn't exactly the cheapest of the cheeses and it honestly hurt my feelings a little to buy this. But, I'm determined to expand my cooking horizons so I bought the damn cheese in hopes it would be worth it.

This lovely dinner was made in the midst of, not one, but two crying, fussy kids and one husband who may or may not have been able to sleep through it all. Of course, my pounding the chicken out with a mallet may have had something to do with both sides of that...Regardless, dinner needed to be made and even though the names are all fancy dancy the prep work took no time at all. The majority of the time was spent in the oven for both recipes, which was fine with me because I think Andrew is cutting more teeth - hence the crying. The bigger kid wanted ice in his cup and clearly that's more than enough reason for a meltdown.

After all was said and done, this is what I pulled out of the oven:

It's beautiful.

She has you toss tomatoes around the chicken in the skillet and I did it for the recipe, but I didn't really think it was something I would do if I ever made this again. Uhm, those tomatoes tasted freaking ah-mazing. I absolutely would toss them in there again. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. So this recipe, hands down, is 100% the best thing I have ever made in my life. When I took a bite, I moaned. I know that sounds a bit after hours, but it really is that good. I'm also pretty sure that goat cheese just became my new favorite chicken cheese.

Ok, now. The Thyme Roasted Carrots. These were re-heated and you need to keep that in mind before you look at the picture. These were also phenomenal, for a roasted carrot. My carrots were smaller than what she suggests and I did not think to adjust the cook time to reflect the size of these carrots. My fault, but understand that they still tasted delicious even though they aren't the prettiest. Also, I very clearly have no idea how to plate anything and make it look pretty. I must have moved things around and taken 12 pictures and this was the winner. So. There's your background on that.

Anyway, make this chicken.

This plate is sad and embarrassing.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I need this recipe!

    ReplyDelete