Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Yesterday was the 4th of July and I did a massive carb overload. I had vegetables for breakfast in preparation of the massive amounts of food I was going to be eating and they were the only vegetables I had all day long. I had a hot dog, two hamburgers, some sausage 3 or 4 pieces of pie (I don't remember how many I actually had) and some delicious cheesy cauliflower thing my mother in law made that had so much cheese and butter in it that it couldn't even be considered a vegetable anymore. She grilled vegetables, but I didn't even touch those. I had that shit for breakfast.

So today I decided I didn't need to be eating any carbs, and if I was really being truthful to myself I wouldn't eat them for the rest of the week. *sips beer* I originally had avocado chicken on wheat rolls and salad for dinner, but switched that over to these lettuce wraps real quick. I usually use this lettuce wrap sauce you get in a little pouch in the Asian aisle of the grocery store, and that's usually pretty good but I thought what the hell, I'll make it from scratch tonight.

This was more chopping and preparation than my carb filled ass would have liked, but it really wasn't too bad considering it was on the table in less than an hour.

No carbs here

I loaded mine up and found out the hard way that I needed 2 lettuce leaves to bear the load of the meat. As soon as I finished mine Collin was getting seconds and I have to admit I got up for more, too. I think we both understood that because this is healthy, we could have ridiculous portions. All in all, this was very good. I would probably still reach for the already made sauce packet for the sake of time, but if I wanted to impress company I'd reach for this recipe for sure. 

I have to add in that since I've been doing this, my pantry/fridge have been filled with random oils, vinegars, sauces, etc. that I'm going to have to put to another use somehow. I love the new diversity and skills that I'm getting though, which is one of the reasons I wanted to cook through this book. Ugh, I need to go roll myself to the couch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment