Thursday, June 30, 2016

Lemony Arugula Spaghetti Cacio E Pepe

I think the reason I will never be a truly thin person is because of pasta. I love the stuff. I can't get enough of it. I refuse - refuse - to give it up. Even when I went gluten free with my sister when she was first diagnosed as a Celiac I did not give up pasta. Side note: corn pasta is amazing. My husband is not a pasta fan. He will eat it because I'm the one who cooks, but he doesn't ask for it and if I make it two days in a row - boy do I hear about it. He has a special hatred for spaghetti for some reason, so when I saw this recipe -and happened to be mad at him at the same time- I knew I had to make this for dinner one night this week. It was fate.

This recipe was as easy to make as standard spaghetti with meat sauce. I found this very easy to whip together on a Monday night and will probably be adding it to my rotation - though I will switch out the pasta to something other than spaghetti to make it more pleasing for His Highness. That's another thing I dug about this pasta: It is not married to the spaghetti. However, the "sauce" would probably not do well with ziti or fettucine, as the thickness would overpower it completely. I'm thinking either farfalle or maybe even beef or chicken ravioli if I'm feeling adventurous...I'm getting off topic. 

Where was I...ok. So the flavor was not lacking, especially for it being such a light "sauce", but I did not taste any lemon. I would either add more lemon juice or grate some lemon zest in there. Basically, the "sauce" was cheese and lemon juice, so it just coated the pasta. It had a slight kick to it, which was awesome, and I really enjoyed this. Lucky for Collin, he was not hungry when he came home from work so he didn't eat any. His friend Ryan ate some, though, and said it was really good. I'll take the rest to my mom and I know she'll love it too. 

There's about 3 cups of Arugula in this picture...just kidding.

1 comment:

  1. OK..so I was expecting the standard tomato sauce so when I tasted it I was thrown off.I will admit I dumped some salsa in it. Mom

    ReplyDelete