Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Dump and Done Ramen Salad

Ramen noodles are delicious. One of the reasons I love Ramen so much is because, if you're like me and you don't like hot food, you can just put an ice cube in your bowl and when it melts, it cools down your noodles without sacrificing flavor. Even though Ramen is just fantastic, I was incredibly skeptical about this "salad". I'm not a huge fan of vinegar-y things and vinegar is a big part of how this salad "cooks". This recipe also called for broccoli slaw - something I'd never even heard of. They didn't have it at Kroger, so I was forced to look elsewhere since there is really no alternative for it. Of course, Target had it because Target is amazing and never disappoints.

Anyway, I decided on this recipe for Saturday dinner because - true to its name - you dump a bunch of stuff in a bowl and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. My sister Suzy was in town and I didn't want to waste a bunch of time cooking something.

I didn't actually get a chance to take more than one bite because I wasn't hungry and I was leaving to go hang out with my sisters for the night. The bite I did take, however, deterred me from wanting to take any more. It was, as I had feared, very vinegar-y. Suzy had some with no complaints and Calvin ate it up with no issues, so it appears that this dish is just not my cup of tea and that's ok.

*Update: I was very politely asked by Collin to never make this again so I was glad it wasn't just me.

I almost forgot to take a picture!

1 comment:

  1. Dad and I liked it. We put chicken in it. Mom

    ReplyDelete