Friday, June 3, 2016

The beginning

I really dig Chrissy Teigen. I follow her on Twitter and she cracks me up, so when I heard she was releasing a cookbook I was thrilled. A sarcastically funny cookbook with realistic, achievable recipes and curse words? Sign me up.

So I planned it all out and decided today would be the day I would buy it. Yes, I planned it. That's what I do: I drink and I plan things. (Did ya'll catch the reference? ;o) I love cooking and I had heard so many awesome things about this cookbook that I've decided to do a "Julie and Julia" sort of deal - and make every single recipe in it. That, and I desperately need a hobby that doesn't involve baby puke and playing "games" with my toddler.

There are rules (duh):

1. I must make every recipe exactly how it is stated in the cookbook. NO Substitutions!
2. I must use the brand of food suggested, if there is one, IF I can find it. She's a celebrity so hopefully she doesn't get too crazy fancy. Otherwise, I can use whatever brand of food I want - AKA store brand.

And that's pretty much it. I may add later if I think of anything because I just made the rules up today.

I was all excited to get rolling and start cooking. Unfortunately, due to the very large slab of meat currently resting in my refrigerator, my husband will be making brisket tomorrow and therefore my fun hobby will have to wait until Sunday. I like his brisket though, so I'm not too mad about it.

I won't lie, I'm a bit nervous about starting something that will take quite a while to complete - my track record isn't the best - but since I meal plan every week I should be alright. Stay tuned for recipe number one!

My sister made me take a selfie with the book. Scraggly hair and all. 

Oh and P.S. my sister came up with the awesome blog name. And I made her wait to read the whole post before mentioning it because it's fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment