Monday, June 20, 2016

Cobb Salad with Honey Mustard Ranch Dressing

Salad has been a big part of my life lately since I've been trying to drop a few pounds and, because it's been such a big help, I figured I'd try out the classic Cobb salad recipe. I've been at kind of a stand still for salads lately because there is really only so much you can do with them and I was all for trying a new dressing...until I noticed that it called for mayonnaise. 

For those who don't know - I despise mayonnaise. I loathe mayonnaise. I actually had to go out and buy some for this recipe because I didn't own any. Yes, I am aware that mayo is in certain things that I love, like ranch, and that's ok because I don't taste it and I don't smell it and I can be blissfully "unaware" and I'm perfectly happy with that. I will eat my mother's pot (potato) salad and that contains mayo. But you know what? She doesn't get crazy with it. She uses pickles and olives and mustard and delightful things like that to mask the God awful taste that is mayonnaise. But I said I would make the recipes as stated and therefore, that meant sucking it up and using mayonnaise.

There is a lot of prep work that goes into making this salad - egg boiling and chicken cooking and all sorts of things that need to be cooked. It's very time consuming for something that usually takes me like 10 minutes to prepare. Once all is said and done though, this is pretty damn tasty. Even with the dressing - which I used very lightly because I swear to God I could smell the mayo - this was delightful. Collin even complimented the dressing and asked what was in it, so he will be eating the remainder of that. The rub she uses for the chicken is really good too. I'll keep that around for sure. 

Anyway there is really only so much you can say about salad so here's a picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment