Monday, September 5, 2016

King's Hawaiian BLPTS

To start, I must have passed by this recipe 50 times and I even made it the other night (obviously) and I just realized it says BLPTS instead of BLTS. I guess that just shows you how attentive I am. The "P" stands for pineapple, by the way. I'm a fan of pineapple. I have to be in the mood, but I'll eat it. I really like it in my smoothies - I don't have to be in the mood for that...that's always good.

These are your standard BLT except for the addition of pineapple, which you broil until it gets brown spots. I used canned pineapple instead of fresh, like she suggests, because I absolutely hate cutting up fresh pineapple. It's a huge pain in my ass and I don't think it tastes all that different than canned. She also adds onion, which I also omitted because raw onion on things is disgusting. Basically, you cut everything up and stick in on a King's Hawaiian bun.

I made double the bacon she suggests and ate that while I got these ready. Nom. 


Now, this was interesting. I didn't use mayo, but in the book she says to use "as much as you like". I don't like any, so there goes that. I did, however, spread avocado on mine and that's always a crowd pleaser. (For the sake of the recipe though I did try one without avocado.) Now, the addition of the pineapple threw me off. I did not like it on this at all. The broiler made it kind of dry and weird tasting and it didn't do much for the sandwich except add a strange taste. I had like 4 of these and didn't even add it to the last 2. I like BLT's though so I'll make those again. Hold the pineapple, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment