Friday, September 30, 2016

Cajun Catfish with Over Easy Eggs

I did not realize it had been so long since I'd blogged! I've really been slacking. School has started up and I've been crazy tired. In addition to pre-k 3, Calvin has started t-ball and I was elected as team mom. In case you missed it, I'm also the room mom of Calvin's class and we've decided to take on a bunch of new projects at work. I come home, cook dinner, watch a little bit of Reba - my new favorite show - and am usually out by like 10. I haven't even been drinking!! In any case, cooking and blogging about it is something I very much enjoy doing so I've upped my Cravings game and added some new recipes to my meal plan this week.

I have to say, this did not sound appetizing. And in reality, this recipe is mostly Cajun catfish and I think she just threw in eggs on toast to make it sound like an actual recipe. I don't think the two are meant to be eaten together. So. In that case, I made only the Cajun catfish and opted out of the egg and toast side. Everyone knows what that tastes like. You don't need me to tell you.

I decided to make this on a night when Calvin had a t-ball game. Fish generally doesn't take long to cook and I paired it with steam-in-the-bag veggies and mac & cheese. Easy peasy. Of course, in true Ashley fashion, the catfish were not completely thawed when I needed to begin dinner. I knew this would add on some cooking time, but we wound up cutting it extremely close to when we needed to leave and I basically spoon fed Calvin dinner so we could leave on time.

In a nutshell, you mix together the stuff for the Cajun seasoning, rub it on the catfish, stick that sucker in the oven and bake for like 12 minutes (or in my case, 20).

These fillets were fucking huge.

This came out pretty much how you would expect it to taste. Like Cajun catfish. There were no raving reviews from the family, but no complaints either. Her Cajun seasoning will be nice to have around but, honestly, it's nothing special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment