Sunday, September 4, 2016

Buttery Glazed Green Beans

I can say pretty confidently that I've never met a green bean I didn't like. I love them raw, canned, casseroled, dipped, sauteed, stewed, dried, fried...I mean I really don't discriminate. I have not, however, had them sweet. Which is basically what this recipe is. I've always liked the idea of keeping my green beans on the savory side, but what the hell. I gave it a try.

In true side dish fashion, the effort required for this recipe is minimal. Basically you dump the green beans in literal sugar water and boil them. Side note: am I the only one who thinks of Men In Black when you say "sugar water"? I always follow it up with "Edgar your skin is hanging off your bones". 

Annnyway. These babies are sweet. Sweet, sweet, sweet. These were a little too sweet for me actually. I'll probably stick to my savory green bean recipes because I just couldn't get in to these at all. I ate them because I wasn't going to waste a pound of green beans, and because they weren't terrible, but I won't ever make them again. I guess I have now met the green bean I just don't like. That's a little sad.

Don't let the almonds fool you. These suckers are sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment