Saturday, September 17, 2016

Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Cornbread

I swear I've been cooking, I have just had a lot of things going on and I got sick for a few days there so I hadn't really felt like blogging. Last night, I was not in the mood to cook at all. BUT we've been eating a lot of crap lately and I figured I'd better cook something. 

So I threw some chicken thighs in a crock pot and tossed a bunch of shit together to make a nice sauce and - BAM - part one was done. Next, I figured I should probably do something from Cravings since it feels like it's been forever since I've made anything from there. I decided everyone likes a nice cornbread so I pulled out the ingredients and began to prep this bad boy. 

Instead of doing it all at once, like cooking usually goes, I did this in batches throughout the day because I still didn't feel well. I cooked the bacon at, like, 1 pm and set it aside. I mixed together the dry ingredients a half hour later...chopped up the jalapenos at like 2:30...and decided to suck it up and cook the damn thing around 4:30.

You cook this in a cast iron skillet which is great because that makes for less dishes to clean. It's very cut and dry. Mix everything together and bake - very much the cornbread fashion. And when you pull it out of the oven, it looks like this:

Now isn't that a sight for OCD eyes?

Collin walked in the kitchen and was all "What's that? It looks good." It does look good, doesn't it?

Look at that nice chunk of bacon.

This was good. I may or may not make it again, but it was good. Now, this isn't the kind of cornbread you would put honey and butter on. I mean, it's got bacon and jalapeno in it. Collin got up and had thirds of this, though. I mean, he raved about it. I guess if you stick enough bacon and jalapeno in something it's bound to be a winner. The verdict is that this is easy and delicious enough that everyone needs to toss the Jiffy or the Martha's White aside and make it at least once in their life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment