Sunday, April 23, 2017

Skinny Taste: Fast and Slow

I've been on vacation (I think I've mentioned that) and tomorrow I go back for my first whole week at work. Throughout this little break I have done nothing but eat what I want, when I want, and I haven't worked out in weeks. This has resulted in some very obvious poundage (on top of the extra poundage I had accrued since I stopped working out) and I know it's time for me to scale back and get my life back together. This also means I need to get back on seriously meal planning instead of ordering take-out from menus that were placed on my doorknob. I've also been flipping the pages of my cookbooks looking for something easy and appetizing to kick back into gear and it's just so hard. Then I  remembered scrolling through Instagram a while back and screenshotting a cookbook I wanted to try:

Voila! 

This cookbook features recipes that are 30 minutes as well as recipes for the slow cooker and *drum roll* they are all healthy! This is the answer to my lazy girl problems. I often flip through these books and wonder if I'll ever gather enough motivation to spark my own originality when I cook again. Eh, who cares. I did that shit up until now. My mind needs a break. 

This book is nifty. She adds in a little key chart:

SO convenient!

I love this. This makes my life even easier. By the way, if you're reading this and you buy me things - I want a pressure cooker/instant pot. 

And she adds the keys to the contents page of each chapter. LOVE.

Anyway, the whole point of this post is to let you know that I'm adding a new book to my rotation.

OH. I've been asked this a few times. Because I cook from a few different books, I put an abbreviation before the recipe name so you know which book it's from: 

TK - Thug Kitchen
SS - Skinny Suppers
ST - Skinny Taste

And if there is no tag before the name then it is from Cravings. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment