Sunday, February 12, 2017

Secretly Spicy Deviled Eggs

Last night my best boo, Sandikins, graced me with her presence. She had 2 requests: feed her and get her drunk and I'll be damned if I don't do both of those things pretty damn well. I decided to kick it old school and hit up Cravings for some snacks. I came across this one and since I can't think of anyone who doesn't like deviled eggs I figured this one would be a winner.

Let's start by addressing (yet again) the fact that I loathe mayonnaise and using too much of it can really fuck up a deviled egg for me. Considering this called for a quarter cup for only 12 egg halves, I was skeptical as hell but I sucked it up and gagged silently to myself as I dolled it out. I've touched more mayo while cooking through this book than I have in my entire life - and that is not an exaggeration. I've come so far.

Oh, I also broke a rule - surprise, surprise - she sticks bacon in these babies and I only had turkey bacon. So, to make up for it, I added in an extra slice of it and then immediately realized that this wouldn't make a turkey bacon hater feel any better. My bad.

Added into this recipe is her way of boiling the eggs. I've heard of about a million different ways to ensure that the egg shells slide off nicely and none of them work. Her way was no different. I struggled with these fucking eggs and ripped out so many small chunks that I was afraid there wouldn't be any egg left. *spoiler* there was.

So you mix a bunch of shit together, but before you put it back in the eggs she has you squirt a little dollop of Sriracha in there first. If I never get anything else out of this book I won't even care. This trick is fucking genius and I love her for it. Fucking. Amazing. These were probably the best deviled eggs I've ever had. Sandikins agreed and we promptly ate the entire plate. The only thing that was weird was that she doesn't dust them with paprika to finish. To me, a deviled egg just isn't the same without that red color pop. Strange.

Can you see all those chunks missing? Who the fuck cares. These were amaze.


No comments:

Post a Comment