Thursday, August 1, 2019

GHSS: Crispy Sesame Pork

It's obviously no secret that I love cooking. I love reading, making my own notes on, and modifying, each recipe...it's pure relaxation. That being said, it's not often that I come across a recipe that is out of this world delicious. Let's be serious here, most cookbook recipes range from "okay" to "pretty good" when prepared exactly how the recipe states.

Well my friends (sisters), this one is an out of this world delicious recipe. So delicious, in fact, that I could barely hear Calvin's complaints about the "weird sauce" and his requests to "rinse off the lettuce" over the flavor packed rave that was dancing across my taste buds.

This is basically a salad. You cook the pork and cut it up and toss it with a spring mix and drizzle a soy/brown sugar reduction on top. I figured it would be mediocre at best. Boy, was I wrong. Like. I don't want to brush my teeth because it was SO good. Disgusting, I know, but I really don't know how else to get my point across.

The only modifications I did to this recipe were:

1) I seasoned the pork with salt and pepper
2) I seasoned the panko/sesame seed mixture
3) I added a little water to the sauce to thin it out a little (it thickened upon standing)

There is really nothing else to say except that if you make this your life will be better. It's that good. Facts.

Sauce on

Sauce off

Recipe:

3 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs brown sugar (I eyeballed this)

1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs (I used about 1/2 cup)
2 tbs sesame seeds
1 large egg
4 thin boneless pork chops
3 tbs canola oil

1 container (5 oz) spring mix
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup shredded carrots (I used 2)

1) In a small saucepan, mix soy sauce and brown sugar until blended. Simmer for 2 minutes; cool.
2) On a plate combine the breadcrumbs and the sesame seeds (season this). In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip the pork in egg and then coat with crumb mixture, pressing firmly so mixture adheres.
3) In 12 inch skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. Add pork; fry for 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and cut into cubes.
4) In a large bowl, toss the spring mix with the tomatoes and carrots. Add pork and the sauce.

Prepare to be amazed.


1 comment:

  1. this sounds SO good but I might try it with chicken instead

    ReplyDelete